The time is finally here, the release of my upcoming trip.
Did y'all have any guesses?
Well, no need because I AM TRAVELING TO JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! This will be my first time traveling outside of the country, and I have no idea what to expect. I will be leaving Monday, October 16th, for 7 days. I am actually going to Japan with my friend from middle school, Lindsey Sato. Lindsey and I have shared a lot and been close friends since the 7th grade. Lindsey can read and understand enough Japanese to get by, plus she has visited Japan many times so I am not worried at all. We are going with no plans so the whole trip will be winged as there is so much to see, eat, and do. I just can't contain my excitement!! I will definitely take a bunch of pictures and I will feature them on my blog once I get back underneath the "travel" tab so stay tuned!
MY TOP 10 TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
1. Neck Pillow--I use to think this neck pillow was pointless until I was on an 11 hour flight from NYC to HNL and boy did this neck pillow save my life
2. Journal--I will be writing/drawing in my journal as a reminder what I did daily
3. Phone---well, duh!
4. Gum--a little refresher
5. Chap Stick--my best friend
6. Aleve--being sleep deprived, i'll need for upcoming headaches
7. Computer--essential, period
8. Wipes--being out all day long and only home to sleep, I will be needing these wipes
10. Passport--can't forget this!
MY COMFY/CUTE AIRPORT OUTFIT
1. Denim jacket--flying at 40k elevation, a jacket is a neccessity
2. Basic Tee--any baggy basic tee will do it's job. No form fitting clothing for a long haul flight will most likely keep you most comfortable
3. Shoes--any type of closed toe shoe will keep your feet warm and cozy
4. Sweatpants--hmmmmm, my favorite!
MAUI RECAP: CHASING WEST MAUI WATERFALLS
My last day home, the weather was absolutely beautiful. So, my boyfriend and I decided to go on one of our favorite hikes. On this hike you have to cross the flowing stream over a dozen times. Basically you weave back and forth all the way up, or you could hike up the entire stream if you have good footing. I am usually pretty good with my balance jumping from rock to rock, but this time I had two causalities…I am out of hiking shape, for sure. Fast forward to the end of the hike makes the two causalities worth it as we were greeted with a different type of beauty, a waterfall! It is absolutely peaceful as being the only one on the hike/at the waterfall is amazing. Hearing the flow of the waterfall, looking up and watching the clouds zoom by, and looking at all the greenery you are surrounded by, makes Maui soooo so beautiful.
Here are some photos from the hike:
As you slowly make your way up the stream the beauty of the stream changes. As you can see from the two photos above both are different yet the same. The beauty just amazes me. It's honestly so peaceful and calming walking through the terrain listening to the water flow against the rocks.
Look! A bamboo forest on this hike! This part scares me because of the wrestling of the bamboo swaying in the wind, creaking and cracking. All I think about is seeing a pig amongst the bamboo, don't ask...also let's not talk about how white my legs are. Ya know girl, saving my skin from the harsh UV rays and wrinkles!!!
Taaaaaaa daaaaaaaa we made it! Here is one of the two waterfalls on the hike. At the waterfall you can actually continue to climb up the side. I heard there's a beautiful crystal clear waterfall/pond to swim in. I haven't made it that far yet, maybe one day :)
THANKS Y'ALL FOR STOPPING BY! MORE TO COME IN FUTURE POSTS :)
I won't be posting next week Saturday 10/21 as I will be in Japan. As much as I would like to, I know I will be too exhausted. I will be back on 10/28 with my first post from my Japan trip. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to y'all then!